I'm in the process of creating a iSCSI Failover Cluster in Windows Server 2008. My process so far, has been the following:
1. Present the LUNs to Node A and Node B.
2. Shutdown Node B.
3. Configure the Microsoft iSCSI Software Initiator on Node A.
4. Bring the disks online, initialize, and format the disks.
5. Shutdown Node A.
6. Power on Node B.
7. Configure the Microsoft iSCSI Software Initiator on Node B.
8. Bring the disks online.
9. Shutdown Node B.
10. Power on Node A.
11. Validate the cluster configuration by using "Validate a cluster." It was successful.
12. Create the cluster.
13. Add all iSCSI cluster disks to the cluster.
14. Power on Node B as Node A has ownership of the clustered disk.
Node B hangs upon logging in. Event Viewer indicates that Node B is trying to access the shared clustered disks.
Am I setting this cluster up incorrectly?
Any ideas or recommendations?