I just bought a new LaCie Ethernet network Space 500GB. I vonnected it to my Netgear WGR614 router. Installed the Lacie Ethernet Agent s well as the Lacie Network Assistant to my XP home stationary (also connected to router of course)
Now, I can see in my router that the NetworkSpace has IP 192.168.1.3. I can access the web gui for the disk via http://networkspace/cgi-bin/public/login
and confirm that the IP is 192.168.1.3
- I can Ping the IP from my XP
- When I power on the disk the "ballon" pops up saying "New NetworkSpace disk found"
- In Lacie configuration agent I can "see" the partitions (myshare and openshare) but they are marked with an exclamation sign..?
- Nothing happens if i rightclick and choose "Mount myshare" from Lacie configuration
- Trying to connect in Windows Exploerer or via Device mgr with "\\192.168.1.3\myshare" just gives the result that "network path not found"
- I've even un-installed my f-secure firewall software..
I'm going nuts here.. Does anyone have an idea?? To me the strange thing is that ping, lacie ethernet agent "finds" it, but still no luck.
Oh, one more thing.. I read somewhere that the disk might need reformatting, and if go to the Web access of the lacie disk, choose format, it does so to the XFS file system..? I dunno, but isn´t that Linux?
Thankful for any help!!