I just installed SBS 2008. I want to self host Exchange and a SharePoint site (not just the Companyweb default), but I cannot locate my site with my domain name from a browser and I can receive, but not send email. I think this is due to my ignorance of DNS.
1. Domain name: example.com
2. SBS Server name: server
3. Registered ns1: example.com 24.234.xxx.x1
4. Registered ns2: example.com 24.234.xxx.x2
5. Router IP: 192.168.x.x
1. In the Forward Lookup Zones, should I only have records for example.local and remote.example.com, but NOT example.com (I am ignoring _msdcs)? In simple language, does remote.example.com really mean www.example.com
, so that example.com is not needed in the zone?
2. Should the example.local have NS of server.example.local and A record of 192.168.x.x? Default install gave it these setting and I think they are correct.
3. Should the remote.example.com have NS of example.com and A record of 24.234.xxx.x1 (which is the registered ns1)?
Default install gave it NS of server.example.local and A record of 192.168.x.x.