[Last Call] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 949
  • Last Modified:

Outlook Web Access not working - Exchange 2007 Std.

As of Sunday morning our Exchange server was not working at all.  I looked in the services and found many that were disabled.  This morning I enabled all the services that had Micorosoft  Exchange in the wording and rebooted.  Now users who have Outlook can get their mail, but users who only use the Outlook Web Access still can't.  When I go to the site on the internet, it says " Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".  

In the event viewer, I have these warnings:
Event ID 12108: The STARTLS certificate will expire soon,

Event ID 1009: The Microsoft Exchance Mail Submission Servie is currently unable to contact any Hub Transport server in the local Active Directory site,

Event 1015
Event 4001
Event 12017
Event 2001

Any help would be much appreciated...
0
bauerbuilt
Asked:
bauerbuilt
  • 4
1 Solution
 
jclonchCommented:
You may want to double check the Microsoft Exchange Transport Service. Also double check that IIS is up and running.



http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Exchange&ProdVer=8.0&EvtID=1009&EvtSrc=MSExchangeMailSubmission&LCID=1033
0
 
bauerbuiltAuthor Commented:
Could you send me a list of services that should be running on our Exchange 2007 server and our AD when using Outlook Web Access?
0
 
bauerbuiltAuthor Commented:
We did find some services that needed to be started. WWW Publishing & HTTP SSL.

When the Exchange server was rebooted last night, it installed some updates. Do Micorosoft updates disable any services by itself?

When we go to the OWA now we can get in, but the appearance is all wrong.  Is there a service, still, that needs to get turned back on so it looks correct again?  

thanks for all your suggestions.
owa--.JPG
0
 
bauerbuiltAuthor Commented:
I've notice that the orginal link to the OWA is not working:

https://owa.bauerbuilt.com/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://owa.bauerbuilt.com/owa/&reason=0

However this one is working, but it looks like the picture that was attached to the last submission.

https://owa.bauerbuilt.com/owa/auth/logon.aspx?replaceCurrent=1&url=https%3a%2f%2fowa.bauerbuilt.com%2fowa 

Can you tell from this what we may still be missing?
0
 
bauerbuiltAuthor Commented:
FIgured out that when the Exchange server was rebooted the latest security rollup update was installed. This update disabled many Microsoft Exchange services and didnt put a checkmark in the enable anonymous access on the default web page.

Symptom: OWA was not working from the correct hyperlink and wasnt graphical.
Go to the Exchange Server / Start / Programs / Admin Tools / IIS Manager

Fix: Open up Default Web Site / owa / find the latetst rollup update / Right click / Properties
On the Directory Security tab choose the Edit button on Authentication and access control.
Make sure that Enable anonymous access is checked. If not, you will get the results we saw.

0

Featured Post

Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

  • 4
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now