SQL Server Reporting Services problems
Posted on 2009-02-16
I am running into all sorts of aggravation trying to resolve a problem configuring Reporting Services. Here are the details;
1) I have run the Reporting Services Configuration Manager and all items are checked (Green check mark) on the left pane until I get to "Initialization" which is in Red X.
2) I check Database Setup and notice that Database Name is not correct.
3) Attempting to change the Database Name and then Click APPLY brings up a SQL Server Connection Dialog". Here I have the "Server Name" (which is the Machine Name of my SQL Server) and the "Credentials Type set as "Current User - Integrated Security.
4) When I click OK, I receive the following:
"A connection could not be established with the information provided. Hit OK to change your connection settings.
Invalid object name 'sysdatabases'
5) No matter what I do, I cannot seem to properly change the Database Name. My questions are as follows:
a) Is there a particular format for specifying database name? (machinename\dbaname, sqlinstancename\databsename? )
b) do I need to uninstall Reporting Services? If so, where can you uninstall RS as I don't see a clean method for this?
c) I have made sure that Remote Connections using TCP\IP and Names Pipes is enabled.
SQL Server 2005 running on Windows 2003 Server SP2
Thanks for any Help........500 points