We host our own Exchange 2007 server and we use Outlook 2007 on all our computers. Recently the Global Address List has stopped updating on all machines. I have tried many things to troubleshoot this issue.....
1. Checked my update interval of the offline address book in Exchange (set to 3x daily)
2. Manually refreshed the GAL by right clicking the OAB in the Exchange Management Console and choosing update (it runs 15 events in the event log with no errors, including the last one that says it completes successfully)
3. The address book in OWA stays up to date... it works perfectly
4. Aftering updating on the server I tried downloading the address book in Outlook... no help
5. I deleted all OAB files on the users computer under D&S\<user>\local settings\app data\msft\outlook. This actually fixed several computers but after about a day their address books reverted back to the old tricks
6. User do not have "hide from address list" checked in EMC
I'm at a loss. I know I could edit the registry to make them use a non-cached address book but this has worked in the past and it should be working now and I'd rather not make 45 clients attach to a live GAL... thats bound to hurt server performance.