Ive read through many posts, here and elsewhere, and decided to abandon my original question and perhaps establish a new starting point.
Heres the configuration Im dealing with:
PC1, Vista Business (SP1), RJ45 -> Sonicwall (TZ180 firmware up to date) -> Cable Modem
PC2, XP Pro (SP3), Wireless (Belkin F5D8013)
TZ180 -> MAC Filtering, WPA2. FW rules to open LAN -> WLAN and WLAN -> LAN (standard)
File sharing enabled and LLTDR on both PCs.
What I can do:
- PC2 can access shared folders on PC1
- PC2 obtains internet access, no problem
- PC1 obtains internet access, no problem
- Via RJ45 connections on PC1 & PC2, total connectivity, no hindrances
What I cannot do:
- PC1, at times, sees PC2 but cannot access it and presents the following results via diagnostics 0x80070035, The Network Path was Not Found (The number of internet hits on this Vista problem is incredible.)
- occasionally receive a log entry indicating an IP Spoof Dropped citing the IP address of the TZ180 and MAC address of PC2 (beats me!)
- PC2 (screen shot attached) Belkin Networking Utility shows a limited connection status (on the previous router, Netgear, this connection was strong and consistent).
Any suggestions or thoughts?