I am currently having issues pushing a .msi package to machines on my AD network (MS Windows Server 2003 pushing to XP SP2 machine). This is what I have done:
- Created a share on the network and added the Software package.
- Double checked that the user machine has all relevant share and security permissions to the folder, and also double clicked the Software package to check that it will install.
- Created an OU within AD.
- Added the relevant machines to that OU.
- Created a group policy on that OU and added the Software package located at \\192.168.50.1\Modified_msi\msxml6.msi
- Made sure that "Install this application at logon" is ticket.
- Enabled "Always wait for the netowrk at computer startup and logon".
- Ran gpupdate /force on the AD server and then rebooted the client machine.
Basically the client machine reboots and as it starts up the message pops up that the package is being installed, and then it stops and just asks you to logon. The package isnt installed and when I go to the event viewer this is the message I get:
"The install of application MSXML 6.0 Parser from policy Test Test failed. The error was : The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."
I have tried this with 3-4 different packages, and also rebooted the machine upto 10 times and I always get this error on the client machines. Im pretty sure i've covered all avenues. Any ideas?