[Last Call] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 307
  • Last Modified:

Exchange server and Windows Mobile

Hi,
  We had an exchange server which was working perfectly. It was configured in such a way to receive email in Mobile.
  But while installing CRM we had to reinstall this Exchange server.
  Now after reinstalling Exchange svr, we are not able to receive the emails in mobile.
 
  This is Exchange server 2003 and CRM 3.0.
  Anyone got a solution please reply me asap.

Thanks in advance,
Sachi
 
0
sachiek
Asked:
sachiek
  • 12
  • 5
  • 5
1 Solution
 
vikasjusCommented:
What error message you get. Try https://FQDN name of your mail server/oma from internal network and check you get access to mobile access. you can use above link with out ssl if not configured on your server.
Check event log and find out errors related to outlook mobile access or OMA.
0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
Sorry the exchange server version is 2007
0
 
vikasjusCommented:
Still try above and let us know
0
Get free NFR key for Veeam Availability Suite 9.5

Veeam is happy to provide a free NFR license (1 year, 2 sockets) to all certified IT Pros. The license allows for the non-production use of Veeam Availability Suite v9.5 in your home lab, without any feature limitations. It works for both VMware and Hyper-V environments

 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
Are you referring to OWA?Outlook web access?
I could'nt find any think like OMA!
0
 
vikasjusCommented:
For 2007 it is Activesync. Do you get any errors in event log under application event. can you share that event error.
0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
Activesync is running fine..
0
 
MesthaCommented:
If you can't receive emails in Windows Mobile then ActiveSync isn't working fine. That is what provides the email communication to WM devices.

Use a test account on the Microsoft test site and see what that flags:
https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com

-M
0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
Hi Mestha,
  When tested with the link you given I got the error "Exchange activesync test failed"
  Any clue how to proceed now.
0
 
vikasjusCommented:
If you expan the test results it will show you  cause of failuers.
0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
Please check the attached screenshot..
0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
Please see the attached screenshot.
error1.JPG
0
 
vikasjusCommented:
Sachiek
Just expand Additional details to findout exact erros. Also check on Tell me more link
0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
Expanded screenshot.
error1.JPG
0
 
MesthaCommented:
The authentication settings aren't correct on the virtual directories.
Reset the virtual directories to start with:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=883380

-M
0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
is this the same steps for Exchange 2007?
0
 
MesthaCommented:
I was basing on the original question which said 2003.

For 2007 you need to remove the ActiveSync VD using Remove-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory. If you only have one web site then you can use

Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory | Remove-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory

rather than typing the full command list in.

To add it back in again use this command (presuming the web site is called "Default Web Site")

New-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -WebSiteName "Default Web Site"

-M
0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
Well, I am not able to remove the directory. Always end up in error.

But did tried to modify the settings little bit based on owa iis settings.

Currently I am getting error as per attached screenshot.
Hope to solve this error with your help.

Error-1.JPG
0
 
MesthaCommented:
That is also an authentication error.
If the command that I have posted gave an error then you will need to it the long way:

Remove-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory

When it prompts for the identity that will usually be servername\Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

-M
0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
I had used this command.
Even with your update domaincontroller it is not simply removing. Always getting the error Domaincontroller could find this object in the serve xxxx.

I tried all sort of name for this domaincontroller. It is not going through.


0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
how to find the domain controller exactly? Any clue?
0
 
sachiekAuthor Commented:
Remove-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -Identity "Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
(Default Web Site)"

I had tried this command too. Same error still.
0
 
MesthaCommented:
Prompts about the domain controller not finding the object means that you haven't got the identity information correct.
It has nothing to do with the domain controller itself.

However I didn't give you a complete command. Sorry about that.

Remove-ActiveSyncDirectory -identity "server\Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync (Default Web Site)"

where server is the name of your Exchange server.

If you run

get-activesyncvirtualdirectory |fl

and then scroll up the list of results, you will see what the identity is.

-M
0

Featured Post

VIDEO: THE CONCERTO CLOUD FOR HEALTHCARE

Modern healthcare requires a modern cloud. View this brief video to understand how the Concerto Cloud for Healthcare can help your organization.

  • 12
  • 5
  • 5
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now