When the user goes to create a new email message and they click "To..." they get a message saying:
The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help.
I have seen some steps in here to resolve the issue for Outlook 2003 so I tried doing it in my Outlook which is 2007 to make sure they wouldnt lose all of there contacts if they removed the Address Book.
I was following the steps and when I get into "Account Settings" and I click the Address Book tab it says "outlook Address book and the type is MAPI. If I follow the instructions it says to click Change and select the Address Book, then remove it. So, I did...I didnt get a prompt asking are you sure you want to remove it. So when I go back and look in the Address Book tab of Account settings I still see Outlook Address Book. So, I click New...then I choose Additional Address Books and press Next then I select Outlook Address Book, hit next. I get the error This account of directory type already exists and cannot be specified twice.
My main question is why is that? And, the clinet does use Outlook 2003, but if I was to follow the steps below would I lose all of her contacts?
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
1. Start Outlook.
2. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
3. Click View or change existing directories or address books, and then click Next.
4. Click Outlook Address Book, and then click Remove.
Note If you do not see the Outlook Address Book option, go directly to step 6.
5. Click Yes when you receive the prompt to confirm the removal.
6. Click Add.
7. Click Additional Address Books, and then click Next.
8. Click Outlook Address Book, and then click Next.
9. Click OK when you receive the prompt to restart Outlook.
10. Click Finish.
11. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Outlook.
12. Restart Outlook.
13. In the Folder list, right-click the folder that you want to use with the address book (for example, right-click Contacts), and then click Properties.
14. Click the Outlook Address Book tab.
15. Click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book check box (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.
16. Restart Outlook.