I am having trouble setting up xdebug to respond to the debug request from the IDE I'm using (which is netbeans, but I really don't think the issue is with netbeans).
I installed xdebug through the pecl interface and it completed successfully. I created an xdebug.ini file in the ini include directory and have tried several different settings:
zend_extension_debug="<fullpathtomodules>xdebug.so" -- which I don't think is going to work since php in configure with --disable-debug (this is possibly my issue, but I'm trying to avoid reconfiguring php)
I put the line xdebug.remote_enable=on in the ini as well.
The only way that the xdebug section shows up with phpinfo() is by doing just the extension=xdebug.so, but it still doesn't respond to the client debug request.
I did setup a working setup using a completely fresh install of all these, but that was using the local machine as the server. If any one has gone through this pain and has suggestions, I'm all ears.