I have a Proliant 7000 Server running W2K Server. I have just upgraded to 8GB Ram (system max, W2k only recognizes 4GB max) and added 2 more hard drives for a full rack of 18 (9.1 GB) drives.
I have two ultimate goals:
1) Replace (2) 9.1GB system drives with (2) larger 18.2GB drives to support an OS upgrade.
2) Get Windows to recognize the 2 additional drives I added and also the 1 other drive I installed to replace a failed drive.
So far I have:
1) Added the additional ram of which 4GB is recognized by W2K.
2) Added 3 new (non_system, data only) drives to the rack and expanded the array (2 new drives added, 1 failed drive replaced). The replacement drive was installed but windows is not recognizing it yet. I thought maybe a reboot would clear that up.
3) Purchased (2) 18.2GB drives to use as replacements for the 9.1GB system drives.
All hard drives in the server are Windows basic
Systems drives - (2) 9.1GB drives (Array A) 0+1, (1) Logical Drive (Windows Basic Disk configuration) No software mirroring, Windows sees both of these drives as drive C with about 9GB of total space of which 4.68 GB is currently free. I have already moved the paging file and the spooler to other drives to free space. There are a couple of other things I could do to free a little more space but I prefer to just use the new drives I got.
2 additional data drives are in Array D (4 disks in the array, 1 Logical Drive)
Replacement drive in Array C (4 disks, 1 logical drive) which was already configured for 4 disks so I only installed the drive, I did not change the array configuration.
I would appreciate any instructions for how to get these things accomplished. I'm not too worried about the data drives but when I have to start messing with the system drives I prefer to take some care.
Thanks so much, Mary