HTTP Traffic in Vista Ultimate stops working - All other traffic fine
Posted on 2009-02-21
I have 3 Windows Vista machines, an XP Pro box, and 3 Windows 2003 servers under VMware ESX. The Vista Utlimate machine I am using for my desktop will randomly have all HTTP traffic just fail. It's like it's being blocked by a firewall but it's so inconsistent that I can't narrow it down.
None of the other machines on the network have this issue and during this time IE, Chrome, and Firefox all have the same issue yet I can be RDP'd to other servers, FTP, do nslookups, and play games via Steam without any issues. I have ran all kinds of tools to try and fix it. I had found that recycling the "Base Filtering Service" will help but not always.
I am going to lose my mind on this soon because rebooting makes it start working again and I am sick of rebooting. Sometimes I'll be surfing along and ONLY be using a browser and have it go out on me with no provocation. Please tell me if you have seen this and know what it is or if you need log files, event log entries, etc. Thanks for your help and time on this.
btw, I am marking this with 500 points because I have jacked with this and googled it for weeks with no luck.