When trying to transfer large files to an external USB 2.0 drive, I get "Error, can't write Files" or "Windows delayed write error" or similar error prompts, depending on whether I am using a program to backup (Acronis) or Windows backup, or just trying to transfer files to that drive.
This is the same with any of four USB 2.0 drives I have. I have done diagnostics on the drives and they are all fine. I can backup to these drives from other computers.
A couple of other things that may narrow down the issue:
1. One of the USB drives also has a firewire connection (a LaCie drive). I can backup with this drive using Firewire, but not USB 2.0
2. I can backup to an internal SATA drive without problems, using any of the methods mentioned above.
3. I don't think this is a Windows issue as I have a dual boot situation with two seperate installs of Win XP SP3 and the problem is the same for both.
4. I have tried a lot of fixes suggested on here, including new USB cables and various changes to disable caching, none seem to work.
5. None of my other USB hardware is giving me problems.
6. The issue is the same with all USB ports on the computer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!