Questions about Office 2007 Mass Deployment
Posted on 2009-02-21
I will be using SMS 2003 to deploy Office 2007 to our company. I have a few
newbie questions that may be you can answer:
1. For the OMPM file scanner, can we set the scanner to run based upon an
Active Directory Workstation OU? Say, all 200 Pcs in a given OU? Or, does
it only scan ALL pcs on your network without much targeted control?
2. Office 2007 Pro Plus is a pretty big suite of software. If Im just
installing Excel. Word. PowerPoint and Outlook 2007 is it possible to exclude
additional office components to save space? Strip out items like OneNote,
Access, Info Path, and Publisher.
3. Is it easy to roll-up Service Packs (1 or 2) and Office updates into
the original release of Office 2007 before installation? Have the most up to
4. All of the files the machine needs will be cached into the local SMS
folder on the client.
5. Languages. Once I create an English-US package for my company, how
difficult will it be to create German, or French Language versions of my
work? Would I have to create a new package from scratch with the different
6. Using SMS 2003, I will have the Office2007 package cached locally on the
local computer. How much overall free space on the local client should I
guesstimate? If the SMS package is 500MB, how much additional space is
required for the install (extracting files, etc)?