I just purchased a computer without a harddrive, thinking I'd install my old harddrive without having to go thru all the re-install of softwares, etc.. Below are the specs:
- ASUS, P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n, LGA775, Intel P45, 1600MHz FSB, DDR3-2000 (O.C.) 16GB /4, PCIe x16 CF /4, SATA 3Gb/s RAID 5 /6+2, HDA, GbLAN /2, FW /2, WiFi, ATX
- INTEL, Core" 2 Duo E7300 Dual-Core, 2.66GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache, 45nm, 65W, EM64T EIST XD
- CORSAIR, 2GB (2 x 1GB) XMS3 DHX PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.8V SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC
- LG ELECTRONICS, GGW-H20L Black 6x/8x/24x BD/DVD±RW/CD-RW Blu-ray Disc" Burner w/ Lightscribe, SATA
- XFX, GeForce 7600GS HDMI 400MHz, 256MB GDDR2 800MHz, PCIe x16 SLI, DVI, HDMI/ S-Video Out
I installed my old drive, did not get errors, computer would recognize all components - and as soon as it passed the Windows XP Pro login screen - it'd reboot itself. I called ASUS, and they advised me to re-install fresh Windows on new harddrive - which I just finished doing so.
Yet, I am still getting same problem - the computer / Windows reboots itself after login screen.
Note, I did manage to install the latest Nvidia driver in "safe mode", which it does recognize since the screen comes up in high resolution. At this point, I am out of ideas - and would welcome any fresh inputs. Thanks in advance.