Help with Spam Assassin
Posted on 2009-02-23
I need help with Spam Assassin.
1. What version of Spam Assassin do I have? I was told that I need to do this through SSH. I am able to open putty and my spam assassin is installed in this directory: /.spamassassin/
Please tell me what to type in my putty command line to determine the current version of spam assassin. If you know of an easier way rather than SSH, please tell me that instead. :-)
2. How do I update spam assassin? I read on the apache site that I need to run sa-update, but I need the exact syntax. My spam assassin folder is called /.spamassassin/
I can get putty to open for root CLI commands. Please tell me what to type to update sa-update.
3. I also know how to create a cron job. I think that if sa-update will work as a command line, that I could also enter this as a cron job to run nightly. Please confirm if I can do this with the same syntax.
4. I read that I can add specific emails to a spam assassin white list via command line. Can you tell me the syntax to use to add my sent emails to the whitelist?
5. Next Id like to set up the baysean filter. If you can answer the above questions, you probably know how to do this as well. I can read the apache instructions, but am wondering if there is a way to do this other than through command line.
Thank you for your help!