Microsoft Access 2003 as Back-End and Web Interface
Posted on 2009-02-23
I have 20 Team Members who are using a MS Access 2003 database application on Windows XP sp2. I designed this application 2 years ago and till date the application is working like a charm. Now as per our requirement we need to access our application across the country and this seems a challenge to me. Therefore, I need help from the Experts.
The functionality my application is currently performing are as below:
1) LogIn Authentication: Users needs to login with their login credentials---> after logged in they will be re-directed to the main page. At the back-end User Permission is also defined so users will be able view tasks as per the permission is defined.
2) Users will be able to enter, save, edit records.
Now my questions are below:
1) What tools/softwares I need to create this kind of application?
a) When I am testing this at my Windows XP sp2 client.
b) When I am publishing my finished application to the web?
2) Is this possible with Adobe Dreamweaver (I am familier with languages like ASP, PHP)?
3) Is this possible with MS Access 2003 Data Access Page?
4) Is my web server needs to support MS Access as database back end?
Any help with this is much appreciated. Thank you.