Have I missed anything in preparing to install my first Exchange 2007 server
Posted on 2009-02-24
Hello Exchange Experts,
I'm in the process of setting up Exchange Server 2007 in my lab. Here is the some background information on what I have done so far:
1. My domain is named: summitlan.states (don't ask me why, I inherited it)
2. I have two domain controllers called DC1 and DC2
3. Both domain controllers are running Windows Server 2003 SP2
4. FSMO roles for the domain are as follows:
- DC2 = Schema Master
- DC1 = PDC Emulator
- DC2 = Domain Naming Master
- DC2 = RID
- DC2 = Infrastructure Master
5. DC1 is a Global Catalog server
6. Both domain controllers are dns servers
7. Both domain controllers are 32-bit systems
8. Domain and forest level both set to 2003 native.
9. .Net framework 2.0 downloaded and installed on DC2
10. Powershell 1.0 downloaded and installed on DC2.
11. DC2 is a Global Catalog server.
12. On DC2, I have run: setup /pl:summitlan.states. This completed without issues
13. On DC2 I have run: setup /prepareAD /organizationname:xxxxxxx. This completed without issue. I did not run schema prep or domain prep as the MS knowledgebase article stated that these were taken care of with AD prep.
14. I have built a Windows Server 2008 for my first Exchange 2007 server.
I would appreciate a second set of eyes on this. Does anyone see anything I have missed?