There is one user whose laptop keeps losing connection to internet and intranet websites very often. He cannot access internet using IE once this happens without connecting to VPN.
We use cisco VPN client 4.0.5 if that is of any help. Once the VPN connection is established, the user is able to access internet and intranet sites using IE. After a while, the VPN can be disconnected and IE still stays connected to all the sites.
I'm not sure how to proceed with this peculiar issue.
I've tried Reinstalling IE7 (The PC has Win XP SP3)(Same issue persists with IE6 as well.
Reinstalled cisco VPN client
Deleted Winsock from registry and rebuit it.(I've also tried the netsh command to reinstall winsock)
When this issue occurs,
1. we cannot access internet using IE
2. We cannot access intranet using IE
3. We cannot access network drives(Shared drives mapped from the file servers)
4. We can PING sussessfully to internet servers like google.com and yahoo.com
5. We can ping to the server in our LAN
Please help with your ideas to solve this
Sorry about the length!!
Thanks in advance.
Please leave your comments and I shall reply as soon as I get back to work tomorrow!!