Ok I have tons of gripes about this horrible new product from M$j. I call it Vista ME Server.
Below is 10 things I thought of off the top of my head that I don't like.
My question is how you folks like and how effective is the CORE installation of Server 2008 for Domain Controllers? Does it replicate much faster, require much less patches and easy enough to use?
I would appreciate it if the responders were current users of 2008 Core running on Domain Controllers for I could deploy it within my environment if its that much better then the full install.
suckass server 2008 anoyances
1) WBAdmin (aka ntbackup replacement) SUCK!
a. Cant Cant Cant
b. Cant backup systemstate to network drive
c. Cant backup using a mapped drive
d. Cant backup to a critical volume
e. Cant backup to a drive where your backing up from.
f. Cant schedule systemstate backups (must use bat file and schtasks)
2) Cant RunAs another user, only administrator via GUI (by design) but cmd prompt displays RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run cmd 1385: Logon Failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer ? Dont know if its policy.
3) Cannot drag and drop into cmd line, must right shift and right click object and select copy as path then past into cmd window. Frickin gay.
4) Every function you perform requires at least one mouse click extra over 2003
5) Confirming and typing in your password for simple tasks like deleting files, renaming files, moving files, running executables even though your logged in as Domain Admin(local admin), you still get confirmations and or password prompts(depending on settings)
6) Some files need permissions or to take ownership in order to modify, remotely accessing these may become a little more complex like accessing Documents and Settings) needed to take ownership (lowers security)
7) When scrolling a cmd window or some other boxes up to far (screen resolution may not allow you to see the full screen) causes the window to default to the lowest part of the screen barely above the task bar.
8) Moved DNS logs and Deleted MyLogger Task but process still kept those programs open as you can see in TaskManager. Cant remove them until task deleted.
9) Some command line informational messages are misleading. One command says use /? as instructed in the command prompt but then displays incorrect syntax but still gives me the help info. I forgot which command it was.
10) Server 2008 invented a new command line error (Catastrophic Error) Only 2008 would require such a horrible error name.
11) Desktop Search is horrible just try and use it