In preparation for rebuilding a failed drive array on a server, we need to shift DHCP from that server to another. Both are Windows 2003 servers at the same service pack level.
I tried this, in this order:
1. Configure the destination server with the DHCP role. Disable the DHCP service on the destination server and reboot it.
2.. On origin server, entering "netsh dhcp server export C:\dhcp.txt all" on the command line. Copy dhcp.txt from the origin server root to the destination server root.
3. Immediately stopping the DHCP server service on the origin computer.
4. On the destination server, entering "netsh dhcp server import C:\dhcp.txt all".
5. Enabled the DHCP service on the destination server and rebooted. Verified the service was running and set for automatic startup.
6. Accessed the DHCP console on the destination server and authorized the server.
All of the scopes and reservations and existing leases transferred just fine but the durn thing won't hand out new leases!
Anyone know what I'm missing, here?