We have around 30 Windows XP pcs with Acrobat 8 Professional, and 6 with Acrobat 9 Professional.
Apart from a select few, all work the way they should when people convert Word 2003 documents into PDF files.
We have 3 pcs with either Acrobat Pro 8 or 9 (it has happened in both applications on the same pcs) where postscript fonts in the Word document are not being embedded into the created PDF. This basically is resulting in a blank PDF being created.
I have checked the Font usage in the PDF and none of the fonts are listed or even replaced. These fonts are our main corporate fonts so we can't replace them with opentype fonts.
The fonts are installed on the pcs using Adobe Type Manager Deluxe 4.1
The only obvious difference between the majority of the working pcs and these ones is SP3 (however one other PC also has SP3 and works fine).
The only way I have managed to get the fonts embedding again is to remove the Acrobat software, and XP SP3. Then reapply SP3 followed by Acrobat.
However the problem has returned on one pc since i did this, so I need to get to the bottom of why Acrobat is doing this and find a quicker permanent fix.