sed / awk / grep on files in directory
Posted on 2009-03-28
I need some help please. I need a ksh script that will perform some rather basic sed/awk grep commands.
I have a directory full of .txt files. Each file in this directory needs to undergo a treatment.
(learned from earlier EE posting)
1. sed -e 's/~/~\n/g' $file1 > $file1.$$
I'm interested in lines starting with "W12" within these files. When I grep for that pattern in each .txt file, it produces STANDARDIZED output like this. (Delimiter will always be a '*' and position is fixed.)
2. I'd like to see the filename _AND_ line number where the grep match took place
3. Also need to count the # of times 'CL' and 'CS' appear in that output shown above.
4. Need to put a tab between the 5th and 6th char in the 7 digit integer shown in lines above.
5. Need to e-mail the ultimate output to a list of users
Thank you very much.