This one's been driving me nuts for a couple of weeks.....
I have a home network with a couple of wireless access points (plus some wired points)connecting to a WS2003 DC running DHCP and Kerio Winroute Firewall for managing internet access.
My wife has a "work" XP laptop that is in her company's domain. It used to work fine when connected to the home setup but for the last couple of weeks it will not browse the web from home (wired or wireless). It will connect to her corporate VPN fine and while connected will browse the web no problem, but no vpn, no browsing. It picks up the dhcp settings correctly and its DNS lookups are correctly served by the DC.
I have been assuming that the problem was with the KWF but yesterday reinstalled it with a default config and no different. Today I have setup a new wireless router on its own separate internet connection and still no luck.
I have also tried removing the Cisco VPN Client added "Deterministic Network Enhancer" service with no effect.
The only clue I have is that when I first open IE7 and it is trying to open go.microsoft.somethingoranother in the left of the bottom bar it says "looking up corpisa01", presumably the local network name of the ISA server at her work. I've not used ISA Server for a very long time so not sure if this is significant.