I run remote backup to am XP machine at home, connected to the office via a Sonicwall hardware VPN. I just upgraded the home machine, but am unable to map the shared drive on the server in the office, through the VPN. Here are some details:
1. Home machine IP is 192.168.0.201, part of the office domain.
2. Office SBS2003 server is 172.25.25.100
3. Can ping either direction, both with IP and machine names. Can also RDP either way.
4. The home machine can map drives that are on the server.
5. The server, or any other machines in office, are unable to map any drives on the home machine.
6. The home machine sharing is set up as follows:
Share name: Backup-Drive
Allow this number of users: 5
Permissions: administrator and backup operator for domains have full control
Security tab; administrator and backup operator have full control.
7. I noticed on the windows firewall log of the remote machine that UDP from ports 4480, 4481 from the server were being blocked. So I disabled the windows firewall and these log entries ended.
8. When trying to map the drive, the error is "network path not found". The event log on both machines shows nothing.
At this point, I am not sure what do try next.