I am having a really weird problem which is puzzling me.
One of our customers has a Exchange 2003 server (SP2) running on Windows Server 2003 (SP2). I enabled Mobile sync, configured his IIS with a valid certificate en made everything working on one of their Nokia E71 phones.
After a few days this user tells me about having differences in his mobile calendar and his Outlook calendar.
I did several tests and this is what I know for sure:
- Calendar items created within Outlook Web Access get successfully synced back to the phone.
- Calendar items created on the phone get successfully synced back to both Outlook 2003 and 2007.
- Calendar items created within Outlook 2003 or 2007 does show up within Web Access or OMA (Mobile Access) web page but don't get synced back to the phone.
- When an item created by Outlook is changed through Web Access or OMA, the item will successfully get synced back to the phone.
- Nokia Mail for Exchange log tells me no differences where found in calendar.
- Problems also persist on an Apple iPhone so i'm thinking Exchange is the cause here.
I allready deleted and reinstalled alle the Exchange Virtual Directories within IIS but the problem still persists.
I hope someone can help me with this issue.