Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1416
  • Last Modified:

information store crashing every 5 minutes

i'm running exchange 2007 sp1 on win2k8... ru7.... this has been an ongoing problem with the information store crashing.  here is what the event log app says: Faulting application store.exe, version 8.1.359.2, time stamp 0x49b98566, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791adec, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000000000001984f, process id 0x1918, application start time 0x01c9b2346cf13681.

event id: 1000 / source: application error / log name: application / level: error

please help if you can....
0
cmourn
Asked:
cmourn
1 Solution
 
ThaVWManCommented:
Do you have any Antivirus or Backup agents installed on this system?
0
 
cmournAuthor Commented:
no sir.
0
 
esmith69Commented:
Have you run the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer tool yet?
0
Creating Active Directory Users from a Text File

If your organization has a need to mass-create AD user accounts, watch this video to see how its done without the need for scripting or other unnecessary complexities.

 
ThaVWManCommented:
If you dont have any AV or other add ins installed, you may just want to dismount the current database, and bring up a dial tone database, and see if the problem remains.  If not, then you most likely have a corrupted database, where you can then bring up both the old and dial tone databases, then move all of the mailboxes to the new one.
0
 
cmournAuthor Commented:
i had a corrupted database, but i ran a fix on it.  i do have a secondary database, but only two accounts are there. i'll try moving the others over...
0
 
MesthaCommented:
The simple rule is that if you had a corrupted database you should be looking to replace that database as soon as possible. A repair should be used only to get the mailboxes off that database in to another one.

Simon.
0
 
AJermoCommented:
verify your installation and consider running processmon/filemon. 0xc0000005 generally means access denied so if the installation ever worked somethng has changed permissions. If this is a new installation has any "hardening" been performed on the server?

really need alot more data to quantify the issue but that's an educated guess and suggestion based on the information provided.

Would you consider uploading the event logs and results of the ExBPA?
0
 
cmournAuthor Commented:
well, i added two registry keys: validate search folder restriction (dword) set to 1 / search folder nesting level (dword) set to 1000.  i then ran this (after dismount):
eseutil /d database.edb
and this: isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests
 
solved the problem.  thanks though to every one.  i may still move the users to a new database.  oh, i also deleted all the log files...
 
 
0
 
super3Commented:
I had the same issue.
Creating the post-rollup7 registry entries outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959135 resolved the problem.
 
0

Featured Post

Independent Software Vendors: We Want Your Opinion

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now