Solved

Outlook Web Access has stopped working

Posted on 2009-03-31
8
1,348 Views
Last Modified: 2012-06-27
For some reason over the weekend the Outlook Web Access website has stopped responding. I am running windows server 2003. How do I fix this?
0
Comment
Question by:theogio
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
8 Comments
 

Author Comment

by:theogio
ID: 24035102
Also, it had previously been working fine for years. Now when I type in the address: http://mail.abcdefg.com/exchange/, it no longer displays anything except a page load error.
0
 
LVL 7

Expert Comment

by:lakshmidurga
ID: 24035110
do you get any errors in the event log.....try to check for the errors...
0
 
LVL 4

Expert Comment

by:MattShadbolt
ID: 24035139
Can you browse http://localhost/exchange on the local server?

I'd try doing an iisreset /noforce
0
Does Powershell have you tied up in knots?

Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated.  If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why

 
LVL 9

Expert Comment

by:Raghuv
ID: 24035147
Hi, there's very little information here to help you.

We need to know the below details to help you better and quicker,

1) Version of Exchange.
2) Exact error message while you are trying to access OWA.
3)  Recent changes done on the Exchange server which broke OWA.
0
 

Author Comment

by:theogio
ID: 24035305
Since the problem has begun my errors in the Application event viewer are:

IMAP4SVC (Event 1051)
MSExchangeIS (Event 9646)
MSExchangeTransport (Event 3018)

My warnings are:
MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store (Event 2000)

0
 

Author Comment

by:theogio
ID: 24035339
1) Version of Exchange is 5.2 Build 3790 SP2 x86
2) Exact error message when I try to access OWA is "Connection Interrupted, The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading, The network link was interrupted while negotioating a connection, please try again."
3)  No changes have been made in the last few months.
0
 
LVL 3

Expert Comment

by:RushB
ID: 24110915
Have you tried removing and adding back to the domain. I just had this problem and fixed it after fixing the account.

Thanks,
RushB
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
theogio earned 0 total points
ID: 24304968
I restarted a bunch of services and it worked the next day.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Utilizing an array to gracefully append to a list of EmailAddresses
This article explains how to install and use the NTBackup utility that comes with Windows Server.
In this video we show how to create an Accepted Domain in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Mail Flow >> Ac…
In this video we show how to create an email address policy in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.:  First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Mail Flow…

739 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question