We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Memo field returning Null values

218 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-25
I have an SQL query that pulls data from an ODBC connection to a system DSN I have set up.  Everything works fine until I try to add one more field.  The field is listed in the database schema as a 'text' field with a limit of 8001 char... so I am assuming it is like a Memo field in Access.  When I add that field, all the fields are returned as Null.  I know there is data in that field because I can query it in Crystal and get data, but when I use that same query in VB it comes back Null.  Help!
Comment
Watch Question

Author

Commented:
500 points and a six pack?  I'm dyin' here...

Author

Commented:
500 points and a twelve pack?!?!?!?
Manager, IT
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Top Expert 2008
Commented:
This one is on us!
(Get your first solution completely free - no credit card required)
UNLOCK SOLUTION
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Top Expert 2012

Commented:
Please post your code and database version.
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Top Expert 2012

Commented:
Also post the structure of your table.
Unlock the solution to this question.
Join our community and discover your potential

Experts Exchange is the only place where you can interact directly with leading experts in the technology field. Become a member today and access the collective knowledge of thousands of technology experts.

*This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

OR

Please enter a first name

Please enter a last name

8+ characters (letters, numbers, and a symbol)

By clicking, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.