User cannot open another user's contacts in Outlook 2007 in some circumstances. The error message is: "Cannot open this item. Could not open the item. Try again."
1. Using Outlook 2007
2. Exchange Server 2003 (single server)
3. Attempting to open another user's contacts, but error only occurs when user has searched for the contact in the search bar. If the user browses for the contact manually (including using the letter buttons to the right), then the error does not occur. Also - the error does not occur 100% of the time even when the user has used the search bar. Error is sporadic with no immediately discernible pattern or cause.
4. Error only occurs on contacts belonging to another user.
Troubleshooting steps taken:
1. Verified that user has permissions to open the other user's contacts.
2. Tried opening a third user's contacts (after applying correct permissions) - same error.
3. Tried from Outlook 2003 - using same two accounts - no error.
Has anyone else run into this? Is it a reported/verified bug?