Solved

Infopath Repeating Section

Posted on 2009-04-06
1
901 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-06
I am working on a Infopath form with a repeating section that has four fields.

txtPreviousOnHand
txtRecived
txtSent
txtOnHand


I have it set so that "txtOnHand" is calulated by txtRecieved - txtSend.  So if we Recived 10 boxes and sent 8 boxes, we should have 2 boxes on hand.  txtPreviousOnHand has an Function value of "number(preceding-sibling::my:txtOnHand)", so the next repeating row would start with a txtPrevioiusOnHand of 2.

The problem comes into play when we create an additional row in the repeating section.  The txtPreviousOnHand field is suppose to pull the txtOnHand value from the PREVIOUS row, and it does work about 75% of the time.  FOr some reason the other 25% of the time, I get a "NaN" error.  This error seems to be random.  It can happen on the second repeating row or the seventh.

Any help would be GREAT!
0
Comment
Question by:tyty4u2
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
1 Comment
 

Accepted Solution

by:
tyty4u2 earned 0 total points
ID: 24180450
I found the solution by using the following xpath.

../preceding-sibling::my:group2[1]/my:field1
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Subnet Calculator

The subnet calculator helps you design networks by taking an IP address and network mask and returning information such as network, broadcast address, and host range.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Before you can digitally sign infopath forms, you must have a digital certificate. Microsoft Certificate Services will need to be enabled on a Windows Server 2008 to facilitate the creation and verification of the digital certifciates on the web ser…
Microsoft is moving in-place eDiscovery & hold from ECP to EOP console under Content Search in Search and Investigation Options.  In this post, I will be showing you how to export emails to a PST file using the Content Search Options.
NetCrunch network monitor is a highly extensive platform for network monitoring and alert generation. In this video you'll see a live demo of NetCrunch with most notable features explained in a walk-through manner. You'll also get to know the philos…
Monitoring a network: how to monitor network services and why? Michael Kulchisky, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, VTSP, VSP, CCSP outlines the philosophy behind service monitoring and why a handshake validation is critical in network monitoring. Software utilized …

726 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question