I am trying to use Transaction Log shipping to replicate a SQL 2005 database. The log shipping set up and process proceeds without any errors or warnings but when I test the replicated database none of the transaction logs seem to have been applied to it.
Here are the details:
- Primary server = windows Server 2008 Cluster with SQL 2005
- Secondary server = windows server 2003 (not clustered) with SQL 2005
- Both servers are in the same domain
- I have set up a LogShippiongOut folder on the primary server, shared it out and made sure that SQL server agent has modify access.
- I have set up a LogShippingIn folder on the secondary server and also made sure that SQL server agent has modify access.
- When setting up Transaction Log Shipping in SQL Server Management Studio I have taken all the defaults and under the Restore Transaction Log Tab for the secondary server I have chosen Standby Mode when restoring. (Though the issue also happens if I choose no recovery mode)
- No errors are reported when the log shipping is initiated and the database properly copies over to the secondary server
- Every 15 minutes all the log shipping jobs run without error.
- The transaction logs themselves appear in the both the LogShippiongOut folder on the primary server and the LogShippiongIn folder on the secondary server.
- BUT when I recover the database on the secondary server to test it, none of the transaction logs actually seem to have been applied and it is in the same state that it was when it was originally copied over during the set up.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,