I have a client that wanted to upgrade from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. I did a swing migration using an SBS2003 server as the swing server. I performed all the steps correctly as noted here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc707659.aspx
. I ran the prep tool on the source server with no errors and rebooted it. I got SBS 08 installed on the destination server but there were MANY installation errors listed in the SBS console. I am wondering if they are related.
1) An error occured while installing or configuring a Windows SBS application
2) The schema is not extended for the licensing service.
3) Exchange 2007 cannot be installed.
4) The Group Policy Setting for the Virtual private network cannot be created.
5) Windows SharePoint Services is not configured.
6) One or more updates cannot be installed.
7) Organizational unites in Active Directory Domain Services cannot be configured.
I also noticed several other issues:
1) the attribute msSBSCreation is not in the schema anywhere.
2) When I installed Exchange manually, it worked, but it is prompting me to enter an Exchange product key.
3) Exchange virtual directories are not under the SBS apps site, but under the Default Web Site.
I am wondering if the Schema did not get extended correctly. I went to the tools\adprep folder on the isntall CD and checkeed all the .ldf flies. None of them had anything that created the msSBSCreation attribute.
Is there anyway I can fix this? How can I get the schema extended correctly? I tried to manually rerun ADPREP and it said it was already extended.