This is my dilemma.
(and yes, all software and firmware is up to date)
I want employees to be able to connect to their computers and resources at work with VPN, preferably windows VPN and not linksys software.
At the office we have,
internet---> comcast cable modem---> linksys rvs4000 router----> linksys 24 port swtich----> server running 2003 and about 7 computers (mixed XP Pro and Vista business)
1. Can windows VPN work with this router or do I have to use the linksys VPN software?
2. What ports do I need forwarded? I figured if I want to use windows VPN, I don't need to set up client accounts under VPN on the router (because that would be for the linksys software, correct?)
3. I tried the linksys VPN setup wizard to see if it could help me connect and it want's a password for 2 routers. Shouldn't I only need one because I'm connecting to my work network and not bridging 2 networks. (for example, if I'm at a local coffee shop and want to connect to company resources) That is how I always did it with windows VPN.
4. Do I have to change anything on my Comcast modem (
5. Is there an easier solution, like...just ditching this router for another?
The router I used to use when VPN with windows worked, was Netgear FVG318.
I switched to the linksys router because
A) every other product I had was linksys
and B) this one stopped working completely, haha
Thanks in advance!!!