?
Solved

Object resize issue

Posted on 2009-04-10
3
Medium Priority
?
207 Views
Last Modified: 2012-08-14
I have this activeX component that I render in an HTML page.  My company exclusivly uses IE, 6 and 7.  The activeX resizes properly if the height and width are set using javascript, or by setting the height/width to 100% on about 25% of the machines tested on.  The other 75% do not size the control properly.  If forced using the javascript included, I can double check the value after it is set and it reports the correct value however the object did not resize.

I had 2 PCs side by side double checking the security settings, they where both the same, the IE versions (7.0.5730.13) where identical as well, however one would properly resize and the other would not.

Also I have tried this on IE 6 browsers and it works on some machines, but others it simply will not resize properly.... I am lost.
 Anyone know what may causing this odd behavior?
HTML Script
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<script type="text/javascript">
	var wheight = 0;
	var temp_height = 0;
	var delay = 100;
 
	function ResizeObject()
	{
	document.getElementById('iView').style.height=parseInt(temp_height)
	if(parseInt(document.getElementById('iView').style.height)!=parseInt(temp_height))
	{
	document.getElementById('obHeight').innerHTML='Failed To Set!';
	}
	else
	{
	document.getElementById('obHeight').innerHTML='Value set!';
	}
	}
 
	function init()
	{
	if(self.innerHeight)temp_height = self.innerHeight; //all except Explorer
	else if(document.documentElement && document.documentElement.clientHeight)temp_height = document.documentElement.clientHeight; // Explorer 6 Strict Mode
	else if(document.body)temp_height = document.body.clientHeight;// other Explorers
	else temp_height = 430;
	if(temp_height!=wheight)ResizeObject();
	wheight = temp_height;
	setTimeout('init()',delay);
	document.getElementById('meHeight').innerHTML=temp_height;
	}
	
	window.onload = init;
</script>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
BODY
<label id=meHeight></label><br>
<label id=meWidth></label><br>
<label id=obHeight></label><br>
<label id=obWidth></label><br>
<object id="iView"  classid="someobject" standby="Loading Image...">

Open in new window

0
Comment
Question by:Stimphy
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
3 Comments
 
LVL 75

Expert Comment

by:Michel Plungjan
ID: 24128159
try wrapping the suspicious calls in

try {
  call here
}
catch(e) { alert(e.message) }
0
 
LVL 3

Accepted Solution

by:
Stimphy earned 0 total points
ID: 25388099
I dropped the project, could not find a good solution.
0
 
LVL 3

Author Comment

by:Stimphy
ID: 25388106
Please close
0

Featured Post

Video: Liquid Web Managed WordPress Comparisons

If you run run a WordPress, you understand the potential headaches you may face when updating your plugins and themes. Do you choose to update on the fly and risk taking down your site; or do you set up a staging, keep it in sync with your live site and use that to test updates?

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This is a PowerShell web interface I use to manage some task as a network administrator. Clicking an action button on the left frame will display a form in the middle frame to input some data in textboxes, process this data in PowerShell and display…
Originally, this post was published on Monitis Blog, you can check it here . Websites are getting bigger and more complicated by the day. Video, images and custom fonts are all great for showcasing your product or service. But the price to pay in…
In this tutorial viewers will learn how add a scalable full-width header using CSS3. Create a new HTML document with an internal stylesheet. Set a tiled background.:  Create a new div and name it Header. Position it with position:absolute at the top…
The viewer will learn how to create a basic form using some HTML5 and PHP for later processing. Set up your basic HTML file. Open your form tag and set the method and action attributes.: (CODE) Set up your first few inputs one for the name and …
Suggested Courses

800 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question