I cannot get the program exceptions setting in the GPO to apply to the windows XP firewall. What is weird is that at one time it worked. All the other settings are applied. I have tried creating a new policy, removing the computer from the domain and re-adding. I ran RSOP and it says that the policy was applied to the computer and I can see the GPO (program exception) settings when viewing the GPO on the target machine. All the program exceptions are displayed however when opening up the windows xp firewall, the exceptions are not displayed. I thought that it was our 3rd party firewall that was blocking the GPO but I uninstalled the 3rd party software and the GPO still does not apply correctly. I ran a virus scan on the machine and came up with nothing. I'm going to run a spyware cleaner on the workstation but I suspect that I will not find anythink other than the usual cookie. Some of the XP workstations have SP2 and some have SP3. I manage GPO's from my XP SP3 workstation with GPMC. All other policies appear to be applying except the program exceptions. However, given that RSOP and GPRESULTS both show the policy applying I am not sure that the windows firewall is working properly at all except that everytime a user logs in they get a Windows Firewall Alert. So I guess it is working but I cannot add the program exception to stop the alert from popping up. I have ran a spyware detection program and found nothing. Thee are not settings blocking inheritance. I have even tried to "enforce" the firewall policy. I downloaded xp .adm files but when i go to import the templates I get a message that the file being copied is older than the current so I chose not to replace it.