While this question: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Database/Reporting_/Crystal_Reports/Q_23247486.html
implies that it should be no problem to create a group based on a Formula Field, I'm unable to do so. I've created a Formula Field but can't find it in the list of fields available in the Group Expert.
The problem I'm trying to resolve is as follows:
- The company record includes an Industry Code
- I want to group all of the company records in my report based on the Industry Code Category.
- The industry code may be NAICS or may be SIC
- NAICS and SIC codes/descriptions/categor
ies are stored in separate tables
- I must check each company record at runtime to determine whether it is an NAICS or SIC code
My approach, so far, was to create a formula field named Industry Category that tests the code and determines whether it is NAICS or SIC and then returns the associated Category (a string). I then wanted to add a group to my report based on Industry Category, but I can't find that field in the Group Expert.
Do I need to do something special to have the Formula Field available in the Group expert?