CCNA Test: Function of ARP
Posted on 2009-04-13
1)This is related to the Sample at one of the CCNA's Prep Test
2)The information is as the followings:(Please see the attachment)
- A is a host Pc called " Pc A"
- B is a host Pc called "Pc B"
- SW#1 is a Switch called "SW#1"
- R#2 is a DSL Modem or Router called "R#2"
3) The Goal: a user at Pc A pings the R#2
4) At Pc A does the followings:
- Go to Command Prompt
- C:\arp -a
- The ouput exhibit:
* Interface: 192.168.1.95 .......0x2
* Internet Address: 192.168.1.254
* Physical address: 00-60-0f-2e-14-C6
* Type: dynamic
5) My questions: please explain it with your own wordings: i) The "192.168.1.95" is the IP address of Pc A?, ii) The "192.168.1.254" is the IP address of R#2?, iii) The "00-60-0f-2e-14-C6" is the MAC address of what interface, R#2?, iv) Could you explain briefly (from the first up to the end) the process when pc A start to ping the R#2?
6) Thank you