I am looking to develop a process here. I am not that familiar with working with PDFs in ASP.NET, other than simple HTML to PDF conversions using a component. Here's what I need to accomplish:
Desired Outcome: Using ASP.NET, I want to add uploaded logo images (including EPS files) into PDF files on the server and make them available for the visitor to print on-demand. I would like there to be a "Proof" process in the middle.
Here's the situation:
1. I have several different PSD files
2. I want to provide users the ability to upload a file (.EPS, .JPG or .GIF) (using Telerik RadUpload)
3. If it is a vector image like EPS, I want to convert it (planned on using WebSuperGoo's ImageGlue) so that it can be rendered in the browser for the proof (see step 4)
4. I want to provide a proof as either an image or a low-res PDF
5. If approved, I want to save the file on the server
What I'm trying to figure out is:
* when to create the PDF and what to use to do it?
* need to create these editable regions where the images will go - how do i do this?
* how can i resize and add the image (proof version - jpg) (final version - eps) to the pdf?
This project is still in discovery and I'm not really looking for code. I'm just trying to settle on required components and approximate time that it's going to take to build each piece.
If I could offer 1,000 points for this question, I would. I appreciate any input you can provide. Thanks in advance.