?
Solved

Crystal Reports does not display new field in Field Explorer After I add field to stored procedure.

Posted on 2009-04-14
6
Medium Priority
?
650 Views
Last Modified: 2012-06-21
I created a new report and hooked that report to a stored procedure, I added the fields to the report and all fo the fields were displayed correctly.  Then I added another field to the stored procedure and tested the stored proc in query analyzer and the new field displayed ok.
Now when I Set Location and Verify database the new field does not display in the Field Explorer.  
Any Ideas why this happens and how is this fixed.
Thanks in advance.
0
Comment
Question by:donnie91910
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
  • 2
6 Comments
 
LVL 10

Accepted Solution

by:
Spykair earned 1000 total points
ID: 24145241
Have you tried to "verify the database" ?

Spykair
0
 

Author Comment

by:donnie91910
ID: 24148792
Yes, I tried Verify the database several times as well as Set Location.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
0
 
LVL 101

Assisted Solution

by:mlmcc
mlmcc earned 1000 total points
ID: 24149335
The VERIFY DATABASE should provide the new fields as that is the reason it is available.  You shouldn't have to set the location since the report already points to the stored procedure.

mlmcc
0
Enroll in August's Course of the Month

August's CompTIA IT Fundamentals course includes 19 hours of basic computer principle modules and prepares you for the certification exam. It's free for Premium Members, Team Accounts, and Qualified Experts!

 

Author Comment

by:donnie91910
ID: 24149869
So if the VERIFY DATABASE did not display the new field is there another solution just short of recreating the report?
0
 
LVL 101

Expert Comment

by:mlmcc
ID: 24151658
Are you sure you are pointing at the correct stored procedure?

mlmcc
0
 

Author Comment

by:donnie91910
ID: 24153655
Aparaently in order for the fields to appear you need to have a valid result set, which i thought I had.  Anyway I altered the stored proc and added a field then I generated the result set, then I ran verify database and got the message that the report is being fixed, which I wasn't getting before, and the field magically appeared.  really weird.
Anyway it works now.  
Thanks for the help and suggestions.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Subnet Calculator

The subnet calculator helps you design networks by taking an IP address and network mask and returning information such as network, broadcast address, and host range.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Crystal Reports: 5 Tests for Top Performance It is complete, your masterpiece report.  Not only does it meet your customer’s expectations, it blows them out the water, all they want is beautifully summarised and displayed in a myriad of ways. …
Hot fix for .Net Crystal Reports 10.2.3600.0 to fix problems with sub reports running on 64 bit operating systems ISSUE: Reports which contain subreports fail with error "Missing Parameter Value" DEPLOYMENT SERVER OS: Windows 2008 with 64 bi…
This tutorial will teach you the special effect of super speed similar to the fictional character Wally West aka "The Flash" After Shake : http://www.videocopilot.net/presets/after_shake/ All lightning effects with instructions : http://www.mediaf…
Sometimes it takes a new vantage point, apart from our everyday security practices, to truly see our Active Directory (AD) vulnerabilities. We get used to implementing the same techniques and checking the same areas for a breach. This pattern can re…
Suggested Courses

777 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question