I am encountering an error when attempting to install a windows service on a 64 bit machine. Previously, I was able to install the service, but just recently began having this issue.
The entire program will install correctly, then the attatched error will appear and the program will rollback the installation.
I can successfully install the service manually. However, when I attempt to start it, I receive an error about the service taking too long to respond...like it had timed out. The timeout is set to 30 seconds. It should never take longer than that.
I need to figure out why the service isn't starting and what I need to do to fix it.
Thanks in advance.
- The service does get installed. ( when the error message appears, the service will appear in the services list ) However, once 'Ok' is pressed, it is uninstalled during the rollback.
- I have tested this on 64 bit XP, Vista and 7. The same error occurs on all versions.
- No code has changed in this service or it's installer class.
- I placed logging into the installer class of the service, and none of the logging was reached.
- I suspect it may have to do with the service itself, but any logging within the service is not reached.
- The service has a 30 second timer that initializes once the service is started. The timer is also stopped when the service stops. This timer was has been present since the creation of the service (while it was installing correctly) and has not changed.