I have a user which is having trouble opening particular Word documents from a file server. Most documents will open fine but for some reason Word will simply hang when trying to open some files. It sits there trying to open it for about 5 minutes and Word is not usable. Sometimes it will eventually open.
The documents in question will open correctly on other machines.
Things i have tried to resolve this issue but have made no difference:
- copying the documents to the local machine
- running detect and repair
- Recreating the Normal.dot template
- Re-installing Office 2003 (note that i did restore Office settings after this...)
- Patching Office and Windows
- Uninstalling printer drivers and scanner drivers.
- Talking with Level 1 Microsoft support who said it was a hardware fault before i finished my first sentence... I hung up
This tutorial provides instructions on how to properly format your Word document using the inbuilt tools provided.
The benefits of using these tools means your documents are more accessible and easily portable to other applications an…
Ever visit a website where you spotted a really cool looking Font, yet couldn't figure out which font family it belonged to, or how to get a copy of it for your own use? This article explains the process of doing exactly that, as well as showing how…
This video walks the viewer through the process of creating Hyperlinks for the web and other documents.
Select the "Insert" tab:
Type "http://" followed by a web address to reference a website or navigate to a document to ref…
Office 365 is currently available in five editions. Three of them are for business use: Office 365 Business Essentials, Office 365 Business, and Office 365 Business Premium. Two of them are for home/personal use: Office 365 Home and Office 365 Perso…