We're planning on doing a drive upgrade on our server (DELL 2950 - Perc5/i)
We currently have 4x36gb Hard Drives RAID 10
Our goal is to upgrade to 4x300gb Hard Drives RAID 10
Is this scenario possible?
1) Change the RAID 10 to RAID 0 on 2 drives
2) Swap out the other 2 drives for new ones
3) Make new drives a RAID 0 array
4) Clone the data to those 2 new drives
5) Swap out 2 remaining old drives for new ones
6) Convert RAID 0 array to RAID 10 with 4 new drives
We do NOT want to do an OS reinstall....
This seems like the best way to deal with it -- is it possible?