My harddisk is infected with virus/sality and other viruses.
For the next 1-2 years, I really need a problemfree and safe laptop, so I can use it for my online language courses without interruption. Can anyone advice me if below steps would be a good solution?:
1. Copy Favorites, Desktop, My computer and important personal files to external harddrive.
Download installation file for ZoneAlarm Extreme Security to external harddrive.
Download the bundle Wipedrive+SecureClean+Medi
aWiper for USD 59.95 from http://www.whitecanyon.com/computer-maintenance-bundle.php
and burn images on CD-ROM for these softwares (I'm willing to spend some money on buying these three softwares).
Check internal harddisk for errors by pressing F8 (or F10?) when booting.
2. Use WipeDrive to wipe my internal harddrive (and later also use Secure Clean and MediaWiper bought together as bundle with WipeDrive to clean my external harddrives and USBs).
3. Install Windows XP SP2 American version with MUI-Pack, and install additional software and drivers from HP.
4. Create a Limited user account, and turn off Auto-run in Control Panel (how do I do that?)
5. Install ZoneAlarm Extreme Security.
6. Begin to install all software (search each folder for viruses before each installation).
7. Gradually check each folder on my external harddrives, using ZoneAlarm.