I have a single box of Windows Server 2003 Std which act as my DC (4 FSMO role holder) and also Exchange Server 2007 (HT-CAS-MBx Server)
My current Exchange Server 2007 SP1 RU3 got problem in the autodiscovery error, however I'd like to perform a CAS role reinstall, here it is the things that I'd like to do:
0. Backup the whole server using Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5 (Full backup).
1. Go to Add/Remove Programs aand then do the Exchange Server 2007 - CAS Role only uninstall, then restart
2. Perform CAS role re-installation then restart again.
3. apply the .NET Fx 3.5 SP1 Update
my question questions are:
1. do i need to reapply the Rollup update 3 again or shall i just wait until RU 8 released ?
2. since this server also perform as my DC + FSMO role holder would it be fine if i use disk snapshot tool to do full backup and restore of my Server ?
for the fallback plan i shall just restore the backup image taken from step 0 above.
Please let me know if this is a good move or if there is any other formal method in doing it ?