computer case for video editing
Posted on 2009-04-18
I'm wondering if people can give me some good recommendations for a computer case, or links to sites that might help me narrow down the choices.
I need the case for video editing, so it's staying fixed and portability is not an issue. I need ATX form factor, and some features I'd really like to have are:
1) thumb screws, screwless, or otherwise easy to open case with easy access to internal drives (maybe with hard drive slide rails :). Attached/hinged sides that open rather than come off is much preferred.
2) slots for 2 DVD drives, floppy drive, and 4 or 5 internal hard drives
3) front access to a few USB ports and headphone jack
4) big fan or multiple fans for some moderate overclocking cooling
5) some other stuff I may have forgotten about ... tell me if you can think of something!
I'm not doing gaming with this machine, it's mainly for editing. I'm looking for a good quality case. VideoGuys.com recommended the Antec 900 ATX, but it looks like I have to take the sides completely off. I have a Dell where all I do is press down on a button on the top and the case opens like a book. I like it a lot.
So, looking for case recommendations or links to unbiased reviews of cases that fit the bill.