I have been given the task to implement a simple SAN solution to our IBM BladeCenter. The setup is like this:
* One IBM BladeCenter H.
* Two Brocade SAN switches integrated into BladeCenter.
* One IBM DS3400 disk unit with double controllers.
I have some questions regarding configuration of the Brocade switches just to confirm my assumptions:
* Is switch configuration required to establish a fabric or is this just the physical setup?
* I know it's recommended to etablish one zone for each port. We have controller A connected to switch port 15, controller B connected to port 16 and servers on port 1-4. The zones should then be 1-15, 2-15, 3-15, 4-15, 1-16, 2-16, 3-16 and 4-16. Is this correct?
* Can the configuration of switches be syncronized in any way, or should we keep them apart? That is, configure them seperately so they don't know of the others existence?
Any comment appreciated.