I have a client using Windows XP Professional with Outlook 2007. All has been well with his 1 and 1 POP 3 email account for 15 months. ISP is Bellsouth/AT&T, but I should note no other users are having trouble (even though they use the same email domain/server).
Yesterday he began receiving the Enter Network Password dialog box that appears when Outlook's stored username/password typically don't match the email server's settings.
The email username and password have not changed. When you enter the correct username and password, email sends/receives for that session with no trouble. Whenever trying any subsequent send/receive, however, the same Enter Network Password box appears (even when selecting the Remember Password setting).
So far, in attempts to eliminate this error, I have:
1. Deleted and recreated the email account.
2. Disabled all Outlook Trust Center Add-ins.
3. Created a new Outlook profile.
4. Performed a scanpst operation and fixed the minor errors that were found.
5. Deleted the Protected Storage System Provider subkey, per Microsoft's recommendation for this error (as can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684
6. Entered a completely different email address with a completely different email server (same result).
Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?