Research: Windows XP Process Scheduling
Posted on 2009-04-21
I'm trying to research information about how Windows XP at a low level (e.g. at the kernel level). I am looking for links to credible sources (e.g. msdn, technet, microsoft.com, NOT wikipedia).
I'm looking for information about Windows XP's PROCESS MANAGEMENT.
- How does windows decide what process gets the cpu and when?
- How does process priorities work in internally in XP?
(shortest job first, round robin, priority based, or a combination?)
- What do the process priorities / process affinity affect?
- How does the kernel store processes in memory?
- How does the kernel switch from one process to another?
- Working set vs. Private bytes, and process management
- What are the memory allocation limitations of processes?